It’s a snow day! Or as close as Northern Ireland gets to a snow day! Schools have been closed (I am serious), traffic is at a stand still (don’t drive in the snow if you aren’t confident in it!) and people generally look like they are wrapping up to go out in a sub zero climate, myself included. My outfit today comprises of long sleeved top, blue shirt, blue jumper, parka jacket, tights, jeans, trainer socks and fluffy socks. Not forgetting hat, scarf and gloves. Ok, I may have over done it with the layers but I walk to work and the cold does bother me.
It’s hard to know what to do on a day like today…well that is of course if this snow day had occured at the weekend and of course, all us busy people weren’t at work. So we thought instead of day dreaming what we would do on a snow day, we would just tell you! Here are are top ten ideas for a snow day!
1) The first and most obvious: Build a snowman!!!
2) I literally can’t get Galgorm Hotel and Spa out of my head at the minute. But how amazing would it be to be sitting outside in a hot tub while it snowed or had snow around you? You could pretend you were in Iceland. They have good deals on the moment for spa packages. Check them out here http://www.galgorm.com/
4) Do nothing! Who says you have to do anything?? If it is that cold outside then blast the heating, curl up on the sofa and have a duvet day. Catch up on the movies you have wanted to see for ages or ones that relate to snow. A wee bit of Frozen perhaps? Keeping with our theme 😉
6) One of my favourite winter memories is the year when it had snowed a lot and we went sleighing down the sand dunes on Portstewart Strand. I am sure that there is somewhere near you where you can sleigh. Maybe try Belfast Castle area? But definately embrace your inner child on this one.
7) Or if sleighing ain’t your thing, try skiing! The new indoor ski and trampoline park in East Belfast called We Are Vertigo is at the top of my to do list at the moment. I have see so many pictures and videos on facebook and it looks amazing!! Plus, it means that you stay indoors if the cold isn’t really your thing. Check it out here http://wearevertigo.com/adventure/
8) Make soup! It might sound cliché but there is nothing better than a homemade bowl of fresh Vegetable soup on a cold winter’s day. Even thinking about it is making me warm inside. Or try Heinz tomato soup with warm crusty bread. Well I know what I am buying from the shop for lunch.
9) Do something that you have wanted to do for ages. For me, my wardrobe needs a good clear out, I would probably start there and work my way around my house. Basically binning everything that I haven’t looked at in the last year. If that was true I would bin everything I own because I have a ridiculous amount of stuff that I don’t need. I’m a hoarder!
10) Snowball fight! There is no better way to flirt with your new beau than being silly in the snow. That is unless you are highly competitive like myself and go all Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider style on him. That ain’t going to be cute. Try to be cute and let him win. Then he can buy you a cup of peppermint tea or dinner? Then drinks? And you see where I am going with this? Yeah…let him win. At the end of the day, if you tried, we both know who would have really won.